Saturday, September 13, 2008

Check out the view

I had an exciting time driving home a few days ago. Here is the new, but not improved, view from my driver's seat:I'm not sure what hit me, but a guy was mowing along the highway right where this happened, so I am guessing the mower blades launched whatever hit me across a double lane highway into my windshield. It sounded like a gun shot & left shards of glass down my shirt, in my lap, in my back window, & crusted on my chap stick. Um. Yummie.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa...that bites. I can't believe it actually was strong enough to fling glass into the car. That must've been something! I would've been so scared!

Mike and Amanda said...

are you sure that you didn't hit a pedestrian?

Shelly said...

Which car was it? Not the new one I hope!

cameron said...

how awful - shoot..looks like a baseball

Wolfley Family said...

That is so scary! Glad to hear you're okay :)

Keri said...

WOW!! That's scary! I'm glad you were okay!

Keri said...

By the way, did it scare you to death? I would've me.

Dixie said...

Shelly- I was in the Avalon. Good thing. The projectile would have hit a panel, not a window in the FJ.

Mike-I actually had a second where I asked myself the same thing. But there wasn't any blood,there weren't any bodies that I could see lying around anywhere, & I the cops haven't shown up at my house yet. So I think I am okay.

Kels & Keri-I hate to admit it, but it scared me so bad that I almost started to cry. Talk about a baby.

Beth Jamison said...

I was on the phone with you just after it happened and my heart went out to you! I am so glad that you are alright!! I was waiting on pins and needles to hear from you, so thanks for calling me back. I am glad you made it home safe.