Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a few firsts

Here are a few of our "firsts" that happened during this past week:

* Lander eats a marble
* Dixie finds -- & is forced to retrieve -- the marble
* Jake reads his first no-picture novel, 340 pages!
* Josh hyperventilates -- and no it wasn't because of Dixie
* Dixie is introduced to Da Pineapple Grill's "Eleena's Speciality", a tantalizing sushi roll that is literally good enough to kill over
* Josh, sadly, watches an iguana killing
* Jake gives an oral book report -- on Tigers
* Lander & Jake get a paying job, filling bird feeders for Grams

4 comments:

Nalene said...

Wow! Sounds like we need to talk! I have been working a lot lately. I want to hear all the stories that go with those posts! Jake read a 340 page book?! That is impressive!

Unknown said...

eww with the marble.. Im sure every parent has to do that at some point. eww again.

Dixie said...

I realized that I told an untruth. It wasn't the first time Lander ate a marble. It was just the first time that I was the lucky one to find it...Yummy!

Keri said...

I need to hear more about Josh's hyperventilating...and all of the trip, for that matter! You'll have to call me next week when you're rested. And I've still never been to Da Pineapple Grill. Please remind me to go next time we're up there!