Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Day in Our Life


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
7:10 am: hit snooze (is it possible to be exhausted after 9 hours of sleep?)
7:20 am: (okay, okay! I'm up.) go wake up kids. find Lander coloring in the bathroom.
7:30 am: finally drag Jake out of bed (it seems like I'm not the only one who didn't get enough sleep last night)
7:40 am: breakfast & scriptures
7:47 am: Hurry! Hurry! The bus is coming! (Jake: "Mom, why do you always yell?", Mom: "This isn't yelling, want to hear yelling?" :))
7:50 am: phone starts ringing...and ringing...and ringing (good thing I am good at multi-tasking)
8:40 am: dentist calls, canceling today's appointments. disconnect phone, jump in shower
8:55 am: (whoops, didn't turn off cell phone.) answer another frantic call.
9:00 am: visiting teachers show up (who would've thought they'd actually be on time?--dang it!)
10:15 am: visiting teachers leave. fix lunch for Lander. (wouldn't want him to starve)
10:30 am: start working on book.
10:32 am: phone rings.
10:40 am: phone rings.
10:42 am: "Mom, I'm bleeding"
10:53 am: phone rings. disconnect phone again.
11:00 am: Lander braves frigid wind to wait for bus. watch Lander so stranger doesn't steal him.
11:22 am: bus arrives.
11:25 am: phone rings. (are you serious???)
11:49 am: back to writing.
12:25 pm: realize I didn't get breakfast (no wonder I feel faint)
12:37 pm: back to writing. (if I hurry, I might get a cat nap in)
2:42 pm: "Mom! We're home!" (crap, it's that time already? I guess I don't get a nap, but I did get 1800 words written, woohoo!)
3:02 pm: boys' friends arrive
3:35 pm: scouts? we have scouts?
3:40 pm: quickly sew on scout patch (that should've been sewn on 3 weeks ago)
4:10 pm: just kidding, no scouts
4:15 pm: "Can we play with moon sand?"
.
things on my to-do list that didn't get done...yet:
clean up moon sand
vacuum
mop
make bread
go for walk
make dinner
.
things that weren't on my to-do list that got done today:
talked to 4 friends that I haven't spoken to in ages
found out that Josherboy will get home early (double woohoo!)
...well, that about sums it up!...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

are you surprised that the phone kept ringing?? people are always calling when we're at your place!
if you and josh want to go out sometime this weekend let me know and i'll watch the boys

Unknown said...

Wow...sounds crazy! I can't believe how many phone calls you get....!

Nalene said...

That was cute! A day in the life!

Courtney said...

Awesome life Dix! The phone part really reminds me of my life! Your boys are getting so big!

Keri said...

Of course, I call on the one day you're keeping track! I won't be around this week, so I'll have to catch you later, unless I feel really bored & call you from Tiff's.