Friday, February 27, 2009

seriously troubled

HELP!

Something is seriously wrong with me. (Ha, ha, don't think I didn't hear those comments from my beloved siblings). But I am serious! I close my eyes & all I can think about is getting away--somewhere like the Cook Islands, or St. John, or ...where ever, some place that I can get away from the crowds & enjoy another culture. As long as it is somewhere warm. With turquoise water. Were I can put my toes in the sand....sigh...Oh, great. There I go again.

So, I started looking back at old pictures. Daydreaming, because with today's economy I don't dare do anything else. But I can't snap out of it.

Atata Island, Tonga, 2006: Kaley F., Dixie, Kristi B.

I have a lot to be grateful for & really don't want any reminders. But I still wish I could just lay my head back & shout "Calgon take me away!"

10 comments:

Dayna Jamison said...

You still have Disney Land to look forward to right? We're excited for you to stop by.

Dixie said...

We are still going to Disneyland, but for some reason I just can't get super excited about it. Maybe it is the hordes of people. Or the smog. Who knows!

Shelly said...

Can Calgon take me with you?

Dustin and Angie said...

Do I hear a trip to the rez and a dip in Morgan Lake?

Dixie said...

Ooh. That's a good one, although not exactly what I had in mind.

Keri said...

Oh, so true! You know I'm shedding the weight & packing my bags, right?!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, sweet Tonga! I was just thinking about that place too! I miss the ability to just be. In CA we are moving too fast to just be. Thanks for the good memory! Love Bonnie

Wolfley Family said...

Nothing wrong with you - just some serious cabin fever!! :) I guess that's what we suffer in these land-locked states.... all I can think of is going back to the tropics and with my luck we'll stay here.... LOL!!! Speaking of islands, I mentioned you in our blog about the aquarium.... :)

Kristi said...

LOVE the picture! That was such a fun trip! (minus the boat ride :)) I would love to go back...good memories!

Courtney said...

I think the only thing wrong with you is that you haven't called me in forever!!! ;) Yes, that is a broad hint hint.

Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with wanting to be somewhere else sometimes. Right now I want to be anywhere else, mainly because we are sick and if I were somewhere, hopefully it'd mean we were feeling well!