Thursday, February 19, 2009

8 in 8

Jake lost his 8th tooth last night.

I started thinking about how he has lost his teeth. It has been an adventure with each one!

He had the I'm too afraid to pull it out, until it got so loose that it fell into the toilet by accident tooth. Then, of course, he had the "Let me feel how loose your tooth is," before dad quickly pulled it out tooth. He had the "Hey, look what's in my apple!" tooth. Then he had the tooth that was so loose he couldn't eat breakfast because he wanted it to fall out at school tooth, but then he lost it later that day at his friends house, only to find it weeks later. And last night he ran into my room with the it's midnight and I decided to wiggle my tooth until it fell out surprise tooth.

The nice part about it all is that the Tooth Fairy has been very understanding. She has flown from Fiji each time he lost a tooth to leave him a gold dollar. She even accepted a few notes in lieu of the tooth when the tooth couldn't be found.

Thank you Tooth Fairy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute! I love the 'tooth fairy's house!' I hated losing my teeth every single time. I still sometimes actually have dreams about losing my teeth. Gross!

Keri said...

I'm impressed that you can remember all of those episodes! I pulled every single one of my teeth on my own, but the only memorable one was pulling on in 7th grade in the bathroom. Gross.

Wolfley Family said...

That is so funny! Kaitlyn's first tooth involved an apple :) ~J

Nalene said...

That is way too funny! How is it that you can remember those experiences. You need to put that in Jake's personal history!