Our first babysitter when we moved here was a 13 year old boy named Trevor. I had never, & still have never, met his equal; cute enough to make the girls faint away, hard working, athletic, and just solid goodness to the core.
My boys loved him. They watched him pass the sacrament & tried to imitate him. They begged us to go on dates so he could come babysit.
I loved him to come babysit because he somehow managed to play hours of games with the kids while leaving my house so much cleaner than I ever left it.
My boys loved him. They watched him pass the sacrament & tried to imitate him. They begged us to go on dates so he could come babysit.
I loved him to come babysit because he somehow managed to play hours of games with the kids while leaving my house so much cleaner than I ever left it.
Trevor grew up and his sister, Tayla, took his place as the "favorite" babysitter, so we didn't cross paths as often, but we still watched from the sidelines as he continued to grow into an even more amazing young man.
Yesterday, he slid off the icy road, hitting a telephone pole, effectively ending this life in a few short seconds. Trevor was only 18.
It seems silly that I am so upset about someone that I haven't really associated much with in the past few years, but I just can't crying since I stopped in to visit the family. I know he is in a better place. I have great faith about The Plan, but it is just so sad to watch his family suffer. This is the second tragic death of a child that his parents have had to endure, and it breaks my heart to think of what they must be going through right now.
5 comments:
I saw that on the news.. it seems like he was well like by everyone... Thankfully we have the knowledge of the plan and how everything will turn out okay in the end even if its really hard right now.
I can't imagine the sorrow his family and everyone else who knew him must feel. I'm just so grateful that we know he still lives, just in a better place preparing for the time his family will all be together again...the next time without seperation for the eternities! His family and yours have been in my prayers.
Doesn't it make you wonder who is next? Death always seems to come in groups.
I am so sorry for that family. A parent should not have to burry their child let alone more than one. I am so sorry for your family as well. You have had 2 deaths now this year to deal with and I am so sorry once again. My heart goes out to you and to Trevor's family.
I remember him.... how sad!! How did the boys take it?
Post a Comment