I dug in my heals...Vampires? I'm not really in to reading about vampires... And I put it off for over a year. My friends asked if I had read the book... Um, no thank you... My young women started pestering me... Are you serious? I really don't want to read about bloodsuckers... My family even started in on the tirade. I couldn't escape the comments or the sighs from devoted fans.
*
The ice was wearing thin, dangerously thin. Everywhere I looked it was Twilight this or Twilight that. I wanted to gag. Dayna was the final straw, you know, the one that broke the camel's back? She said how much she liked Twilight. So I gave in. I succumbed...I cracked. And now, I am hooked.
*
In the Mormondom drug-free world that I live, the Twilight series quickly became my narcotic. But at least it is legal. Of course, I may have to report to the bishop that once I start into the books I kind of ignore my children, my house doesn't get cleaned, and (gulp) I procrastinate preparing my Young Women's lesson until Sunday morning... Yeah, I know, I can already feel the fiery inferno.
*
But oh is it worth it!
*I would love to hear your comments on the series & it's ending. Be forewarned, the comments may reveal too much for anyone who hasn't read Breaking Dawn yet or has somehow put off the inevitable...Keri, you know you want to!....Now talk away ladies!
10 comments:
You know I'm not gonna! I'd rather read something else or do something exciting like family history. Now there's an addiction!
Gag! You should seriously try it though. Lend a little balance to your life!
I preordered Breaking Dawn in March. Then found out the week before that it wouldn't be delivered until a WEEK after it was released. So, I went to Walmart at midnight to buy a second copy.
You may just find that dedication once you start in. Swallow that pride babe!!! :)
Breaking Dawn wasn't my favorite Twilight book. I would have to say that New Moon tops my list due to the emotional intensity that Stephenie Meyer was able to convey.
Now saying that, I really liked Breaking Dawn. I loved how she was able to give a "happily ever after" ending to all of the major problems; Edward's aversion to taking away Bella's humanity, Bella's desire to become a vampire, Edward's desire to be married, Jake's loneliness, the chance to have a family, the Volturi threat, and of course the sex issue. Stephenie somehow managed to wrap up all of the loose ends & keep it clean.
5 stars from me!
Dixie, this is Keri's friend from High School Amanda (Whipple). I saw this and couldn't resist. I absolutely loved the Twilight books. I was oblivious to them until a couple of months ago, but I loved them as well. Have you read Stephenie Meyer's other book The Host. It's hard to get into, but a good read once you get past the first 50 pages or so! And I agree, Keri, just go for it! Read them and join the party!
By the way, I did the whole pre-order thing too, and had to break down and go buy a copy at the store too. I just couldn't wait!
I am going to read Host next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed...I need another drug replacement!
LOL! I have to admit I'm one of those who hasn't succumbed just yet.... but boy, it seems everyone else is reading it! I've only found one other woman in my ward who hasn't started reading them yet, either.....
As far as Breaking Dawn goes...I thought the first two sections were AMAZING. Once Bella started narrating again though, I thought it lacked a little conflict. I wish things had been a little more intense with the Volturi confrontation and gathering all Carlisle's friends before that. I just felt like it lost a little punch and things just floated along a little too easily. Not that I didn't like it....I really really really REALLY did! I still gave it 5 stars. And I did feel like she wrapped things up nicely. I wasn't sure how some things would be able to end well.
I did call Jacob imprinting on Nessie though like halfway through his narrative. I was proud of myself for that.
And I felt like you Dix...I didn't want to get hooked on some stupid fad series...but I got pestered into trying it and couldn't put it down.
I also wasn't really planning on buying it. I usually just borrow fiction books. But...I couldn't wait to find out how it ended.
You know...I don't recall the first 50 pages of The Host being slow...I guess I'll have to take a look at it again to really see.
Anyways, sorry to chatter so much...I'm just so twilighty right now. :)
I didn't like it.. for me it was really hard to get through and I really didn't like it when Jacob narrated. I thought it was pretty anti-climatic too.. "okay.. you don't have a vampire baby so we'll let you go." Not enough suspense for me
OOh! I loved them...I didn't think I would get hooked either...but once I read Twilight that was it! Loved Breaking Dawn!!!
Post a Comment