Friday, January 15, 2010

Mesa Verde

On our way home from New Mexico (after Josh's hunt), we decided to keep the boys out of school for an extra day so that we could visit Mesa Verde. The timing turned out perfectly. The weather was warm, there were only a handful of visitors, and then to top it off, Jake's class studied Mesa Verde and other ancient American civilizations a week later. Jake was able to bring pictures and maps for his class to look it.

I'm glad that we didn't have to scale the rocks using toe holds like the Natives. Here Lander is climbing one of the many ladders it took to reach the old ruins.

Self portrait in front of Spruce Tree House

These are some of the stairs that have to be climbed to get out of Cliff Palace. I am standing just two steps below Josh.
Cliff Palace

2 comments:

Keri said...

So neat. I don't remember actually climbing anything when we went as kids. Maybe I just looked from afar?

Crystal and Jordan said...

that looks like a really cool place to see and visit.