Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gramps' Funeral

It is no secret to those that know me well that I hate funerals. I am such a sap that they make me cry, and I don't like to cry in front of others. I was dreading Gramps' funeral; the march into the church with everyone watching, the endless condolences from concerned friends, the black clothes, and let's not even talk about the viewing. But now that it is behind us, I can honestly say it was a good experience.

All of the J-boys were able to make it to Idaho to pay their final respects. It was wonderful to have the family around. Josh gave a tearfully wonderful tribute for Gramps--I am so proud of him! We were able to laugh over old stories, and cry with each other. It has been one of the best-hard experiences of our lives. Everything just seemed to go right. We even had clear roads and no wind, hard to believe in January.
We forgot our camera (of course), so I stole these pictures from Shelly & Beth until I can get a chance to download the ones we took on Grams & Gramps' camera. Thanks girls!

the J-boys standing in order, youngest to oldest with Grams & Shauna: Todd, Mark, Kyle, Eric, Jarrod, Josh
And just look at this view. This is the view from Grams & Gramps' house & also from the cemetery were Gramps was buried & where someday, hopefully a long time from now, Josh & I will also be buried. I hope it looks the same on resurrection morning!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a really good service. Both Alan and I enjoyed hearing about his life and the memorys that Josh has of him. Im glad to have known Gramps for the little time that I did, he was a really good, caring, funny guy.

Unknown said...

That sure is pretty scenery. I'm glad it was a good service to remember him by. Give hugs to the family for us!

2lavas said...

I have pleasant memories of spending the weekend with you guys in St George. I have a very special connection to Jackson Hole, Victor ID area from both sides of the family. The Jensens have roots in Victor. The Moulton barn on Mormon row was built by a not-so distant relative. Beautiful scenery and you can't escape the pioneer spirit that lives there. I'm sorry it had to be Grampa's funeral that brought you there.

Mel and Angus said...

I am sure that Josh did a wonderful job on his tribute - he was a grandpa's boy. I hope you are doing well and able to resume normal life. Funerals take a lot out of you!

Keri said...

Beautiful pictures...even of the casket. What a special, even though it is trying, time.

Nalene said...

What a beautiful last tribute to Gramps! Beautifully written about. The pictures are comforting alone. Thanks for sharing some very special memories!