Okay girls. For those of you who love A&E's "Pride & Prejudice", you HAVE to watch the BBC's version of Elizabeth Gaskell's "North & South". It is one of my new favorites!
A trillion thanks to Emily for introducing me to this great movie!
Looks good. I've never even seen Pride & Prejudice, any version, or read the book for that matter. Maybe I'd better do so! I'm sure I'd like it and the movie you recommended.
to answer your questions, I borrowed the DVD from Emily. Then I liked it so much I bought in on Amazon.com for $21....KERI--watching & being able to quote Pride & Prejudice is the 11th commandment!!! Repent before it is too late!
That just got me thinking...we really do need to have a sisters (& sister-in-law) retreat. Then we could watch all these movies together & laugh & be silly together.
We could do it over a long weekend, or something...work out a time where our husbands can be home to take care of them. It doesn't need to be super long or too expensive at this point. We really should do this, though. I know I'll get answers on opposite ends of the spectrum, but what are some ideas each of you have? Something pretty affordable would likely be best for everyone.
Central location would be nice. Of course, the goal is to get me out of my house, so we should look at doing it someplace. I'll take a look to see what I can find. What time of year is best for you? Keep in mind, we'll probably be having a family reunion around Memorial day.
why don't we do something next month or February? Why don't we do it in Idaho?? I would send my family away for the weekend. The little boys would be excited to go somewhere. Plus, then people could car pool up here if they wanted to. I know that Heather's schedule is pretty full for the next two semesters (she is taking 19 credits right now plus work), so it might help her out a bit. KERI--we could take everyone on a leisurely cross country ski date to Harriman. Mom, you would actually love it...it is amazingly beautiful & really easy. We could also visit Jackson, work on scrapbooking, do pedicures, and whatever else girls do. What do you think???
I love the idea but i can not go during Nov, Dec, and usually Jan. chad has to be at work on those days so he wouldnt be able to watch the kids. But if that ends up being best for everyone else i wont be mad. but i would like to go.
Keri & I were thinking possibly President's Day weekend? What do you all think? However, if we did it at the end of January we could all walk through the Rexburg Temple before it gets dedicated on Feb 3rd.
Sounds good to me. Let's calendar it in. I think an activity on Saturday would be good (cross-country skiing or Yellowstone), then church/movies/scrapbooking/naps, whatever on Sunday. Travel home on Monday. What do each of you think?
Sounds good, scratch church for me. What are the actual dates? Has anyone asked mom? Anyone who wants a ride can hitch with me from northern utah, ther is a 20-25 dollar fuel surcharge. I take cash, money order or chashier check. Personal check upon bank verification. The ride features tv with headphones, seat warmers, first 3 passengers, climate controll,and satelite radio. Seat belts are a requirement, we will have manditory restroom breaks for mom, and luggage space is limited. First come first serve. Request your seats now. The first 3 get the seat warmers and captain chairs. actually i just realized seriously, we have to make sure there is enough luggage room. How prego will angie be? Can she travel? I have 5 seats open 6 if 3 ride in the back. If we have 6 people will have to be very particular on packing, Ill only have the room behind the 3rd row. But its only a few days, we could put some stuff between the 2 chairs on the 2nd row. Wont be the best but what ever.
dixi and I were talking about where everyone could stay they come up. I know its not luxery or anything but some can stay at my place.. we could figure out something! Really we were thinking of the bathroom issue.. and everyone down at Dixies might be an overload, and you don't want to take a shower in the boys bathroom (trust me on that!! its just because the ceilings low...) Let me know on what I can do to help with the planning. I think this is a really good idea and we'll all have a ton of fun!!
we are hoping to have the bathroom finished before the girls trip. That will make 3 and a half, which should make things better...of course, I only have 2 water heaters. Why didn't I go tankless?!?!!!
29 comments:
Sweet! Thanks for the tip. I've been in need of a good chick flick. :) I'll let you know how I like it!
did you buy the movie or is it on tv? Id like to watch that
Looks good. I've never even seen Pride & Prejudice, any version, or read the book for that matter. Maybe I'd better do so! I'm sure I'd like it and the movie you recommended.
to answer your questions, I borrowed the DVD from Emily. Then I liked it so much I bought in on Amazon.com for $21....KERI--watching & being able to quote Pride & Prejudice is the 11th commandment!!! Repent before it is too late!
I'd like to read the book, but I need to re-read my Dr. Phil book first so I can run in place and not get caught up eating bon-bons while I'm reading.
That just got me thinking...we really do need to have a sisters (& sister-in-law) retreat. Then we could watch all these movies together & laugh & be silly together.
name the date & time & location....where should we go??
what are u thinking? Not too far. but what are we suppost to all do with our kids? or is it a weekend thing?
We could do it over a long weekend, or something...work out a time where our husbands can be home to take care of them. It doesn't need to be super long or too expensive at this point. We really should do this, though. I know I'll get answers on opposite ends of the spectrum, but what are some ideas each of you have? Something pretty affordable would likely be best for everyone.
I dont really have any ideas right now. I want to see what everyone else says. Then I will think about it.
if it is a weekend thing, could we make it at a central location, like Keri's???
What shall we do there? I wish we could stay at the little america but i know it would really make the cost go up
Central location would be nice. Of course, the goal is to get me out of my house, so we should look at doing it someplace. I'll take a look to see what I can find. What time of year is best for you? Keep in mind, we'll probably be having a family reunion around Memorial day.
why don't we do something next month or February? Why don't we do it in Idaho?? I would send my family away for the weekend. The little boys would be excited to go somewhere. Plus, then people could car pool up here if they wanted to. I know that Heather's schedule is pretty full for the next two semesters (she is taking 19 credits right now plus work), so it might help her out a bit. KERI--we could take everyone on a leisurely cross country ski date to Harriman. Mom, you would actually love it...it is amazingly beautiful & really easy. We could also visit Jackson, work on scrapbooking, do pedicures, and whatever else girls do. What do you think???
we could even ride the snow cats (cars with tracks on them like a tank) through Yellowstone. It is absolutely amazing in the winter.
I love the idea but i can not go during Nov, Dec, and usually Jan. chad has to be at work on those days so he wouldnt be able to watch the kids. But if that ends up being best for everyone else i wont be mad. but i would like to go.
Keri & I were thinking possibly President's Day weekend? What do you all think? However, if we did it at the end of January we could all walk through the Rexburg Temple before it gets dedicated on Feb 3rd.
You know me, I'm pretty open. President's day would probably be best for me so I can nurse Jenna for as long as possible.
I think i like presidents day. i worry about bad weather but make up a plan soon so i fan figure out what to do.
Sounds good to me. Let's calendar it in. I think an activity on Saturday would be good (cross-country skiing or Yellowstone), then church/movies/scrapbooking/naps, whatever on Sunday. Travel home on Monday. What do each of you think?
Sounds good here....
Sounds good, scratch church for me. What are the actual dates? Has anyone asked mom? Anyone who wants a ride can hitch with me from northern utah, ther is a 20-25 dollar fuel surcharge. I take cash, money order or chashier check. Personal check upon bank verification. The ride features tv with headphones, seat warmers, first 3 passengers, climate controll,and satelite radio. Seat belts are a requirement, we will have manditory restroom breaks for mom, and luggage space is limited. First come first serve. Request your seats now. The first 3 get the seat warmers and captain chairs. actually i just realized seriously, we have to make sure there is enough luggage room. How prego will angie be? Can she travel? I have 5 seats open 6 if 3 ride in the back. If we have 6 people will have to be very particular on packing, Ill only have the room behind the 3rd row. But its only a few days, we could put some stuff between the 2 chairs on the 2nd row. Wont be the best but what ever.
dixi and I were talking about where everyone could stay they come up. I know its not luxery or anything but some can stay at my place.. we could figure out something! Really we were thinking of the bathroom issue.. and everyone down at Dixies might be an overload, and you don't want to take a shower in the boys bathroom (trust me on that!! its just because the ceilings low...) Let me know on what I can do to help with the planning. I think this is a really good idea and we'll all have a ton of fun!!
sign me up tiff! I'd love to go. I just hope I can work out all the kinks. :)
we are hoping to have the bathroom finished before the girls trip. That will make 3 and a half, which should make things better...of course, I only have 2 water heaters. Why didn't I go tankless?!?!!!
Kels---what kinks???
put up another post dix
alright already!!!!!
im with mike, UPDATE THIS BLOG!!!! are you working alot this week? i thought maybe since josh was gone last week.
Post a Comment