Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lander joins the Bird Show

Lander was chosen (we think! Afterwords we realized the guy might have been pointing to the kid sitting behind Lander---whoops!) to help out with the bird show at Hogle Zoo. He got to hold seeds & let a bird fly to him. The zoo keeper gave him a coupon for a gallon of chocolate milk for
helping out. Boy, did they pick the right kid to give the coupon to!
I don't usually enjoy attending shows, but this one was really worth seeing. Here is a picture of an owl that flew right over our heads. Another huge owl actually brushed my head as it flew by. I was afraid that I would get pooped on too, but luck was on my side.

6 comments:

Nalene said...

How fun!! I am happy Lander got picked...well you know! The zoo keeper must have been inspired!

Unknown said...

That's so cool! Good job Lander!

Colette said...

Just stoppin' by for a Dixie update! Cute kiddos and you haven't changed a BIT!!! :)

Keri said...

I think the birds might have freaked me out. Then again, did have a bird poop on my head before! Yay for Lander, though.

Courtney said...

That looks like so much fun! Lucky Lander!

cameron said...

so fun. i was jealous to hear my siblings go to go over and visit with you - i was so sad i got so sick and had to leave... bummer