See this sweet boy?
He has been so good lately & tons of fun to have around! So it was today after my sweet little 8 year old had to get a cavity filled that I told him we would go buy ice cream to make a treat after dinner because he was so brave.
...
When we got to the store he asked if he could get something else.
Talk about an experience.
I am pretty adventurous, but there are some things in this world that just aren't right. Skinning an octopus is one of them.
16 comments:
that is sick...
Why didnt you invite me over? You should try doing an elk, I gurantee it is grosses that an octopus.
Did an elk once. Yeah, it was gross...& definately smelled worse than the octopus.
But, the octopus WAS sick.
eww.. and you guys actually ate it after you cooked it?? did it taste good??
Seriously? That is freaking disgusting! And where did you get a "fresh" octopus in Idaho? What on earth did you do with it? Boil it? Fry it? Oh that makes my stomach sick just looking at it!
That is kind of discusting. I didn't know you had to skin an octopus! I tasted it once and it's texture was like rubber with the taste of fish. It really wasn't that bad, just a little chewy. What did you do with it?
LOL~ that is so funny! He would chose that over ice cream kills me!! You are an amazing Mom to touch it, and try for an hour to skin it, and then cook the yucky thing. Man- my hat is off to you baby!!
Did he end up liking it?!? Ha! When I saw the picture before I actually read what it was I thought...man that is one sick chicken...I wonder how long that's been in the freezer! I'm so dumb :D
the guy at the meat counter said that it is good grilled, but I chickened out at the last minute & breaded it & then fried it. I wasn't sure I wanted to see what I was eating. (it somehow makes it worse when you have had to prepare it vs just being served it) It wasn't bad, just a little too salty. Of course, Josh would only try one bite of it...a total mind thing I'm sure!
So, that's why you had octopus! What made him want that??! He must be your son!
I think it was because I had told him that I ate octopus in Tonga....but I don't really know. Sometimes my kids ask for strange things at the store. I have been working on brain washing my children. I have even convinced them that a "treat" at Broulim's (the grocery store) means sushi...and no they aren't gullible, they are just smart!!
You are one crazy mom! I admire your adventuring spirit but I would not cook octopus let alone try a bite. You are a brave mom but you kids will remember that meal forever!
That's pretty sweet, Dix. Sounds like I need to come up and cook some japanese food for you guys.
Japanese food sounds yummy!---just don't make me skin an octopus again, please!
Are you SERIOUS!?!?
You are an amazing Mom! Your boys will remember that forever and how awesome it was that you were willing to try it. I hope that someday I'm willing to try stuff because Ry wants to!
Post a Comment