It seems like every week I hear about another family member or friend who is suffering from a severe illness, death, disease, or heartache. Today, my 15 year old neighbor (who was also my home health patient) passed on to the next life. I feel very somber as I think about what his family is going through. My heart aches for their loss.
This young man, lived a good life & fought a good fight. His passing has helped me pause to consider my blessings & give thanks for each day that I have to spend with my family, and for the chance to learn & grow.
Here are the words of Rick Warren, as he helped his wife fight cancer:
"We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's
not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in
Christ likeness....
"We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for
possessions? Popularity? Am I going to be driven by
pressures? Guilt? Bitterness? Materialism? Or am I going to
be driven by God's purposes (for my life)?"
So the question I want to pose to each of us is: What are we each living for?
5 comments:
That is very touching! You're right, nothing is more important than family!...Just think of the strength you are developing!
Dixie.. you made me cry! Thanks for sharing that.
Did you have to find a way for me to tear up again?!
Great Blog!
You are so right!! I am sorry that you have delt with so much loss this year. I love you all!! Hang in there.
Post a Comment