Monday, March 3, 2008

a woman obsessed

Our ground is buried in snow, but it hasn't stopped me from trying to decide what to do about my yard & garden. Talk about obsession! Little did I know that the answer was in Grams' Sunset magazine. Now I have my answer. Thank you Grams! Check out my inspiration:
This is my vegetable garden design. Who says that a vegi garden has to be in rows? I am putting this mini-garden below my upper deck next to the octagon deck. I am going to use this general concept in my larger garden too.

Josh just rolls his eyes, but hey! We all know that he really likes it! :) Now we just have to find a bunch of rocks & get some dirt so we can get started. Oh wait, already done. I called the excavator this morning!!

8 comments:

Keri said...

That will look really cool. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lambert the Sheepish Lions said...

Can't see the pics...

Dustin and Angie said...

I can't wait till we have a place where I can start a garden. I might need some tips though.

Dixie said...

I am so excited to begin, but it will probably take a couple of years before I get it "right"...Would love to help you guys when you get your house. But a little forewarning, when it comes to buying plants, I tend to get a bit out of control!

Tiffany said...

Dixie helped me do my back yard on our 1st house. I do love that garden. What is growing up the wall?

Unknown said...

you know theres still snow on the ground here.. and since it snowed again last night.. I say you're jumping the gun! I know you have to plan in advance for these things tho.. looks cool

Dixie said...

Tiff-the stuff on the wall are peas.

Heather-uggh! Love the seasons, but I can hardly wait until I can work in my yard!!!

Shelly said...

Yeah I saw that in my Sunset magazine. It's a cute idea. Too bad I have no where to plant anything!