Josh picks up his cell after spending an hour at DI, his favorite weekend hangout with the kids. "Hey Dix. How's work going?"
"Not too bad. What's up?" I absently respond as I scurry around trying to tend to the never ending demands of my always sweet natured patients.
"Well, I found this really cool chair at DI that I want to buy."
Interest piqued, I ask, "Babe, we already have like ten chairs. Do we really need another one?"
"Oh, you just have to see this one. It is totally awesome!"
"Well, if you love it that much, then whey did you call? Just go get it."
I can't tell you how many times this scenario has happened in our nearly 12 years of marriage. When I got home to see the green chair I was really disappointed. It didn't help that he had put it in the kids' room & where they demanded that it just had to take up permanent residence. It took me a while to figure out how to put a green chair in a room that was decorated with red, white & blue. But now you can see what I came up with:
Here are some of the other acquisitions, just in case you were wondering :) 



6 comments:
I have to be honest--I'm glad they are in your house and not mine!
thanks!...but I am working on it!!
Alan really likes that chair in the boys room.. says its comfortable.. i don't think so. Im glad Alan doesn't come home with couches from thrift stores like that
Yikes on the chair situation. At least they are "cheap" purchases. And they are somewhat useful.
LOL....you guys are too funny!
Great buys though! ;)
you weren't kidding...you have CHAIRS!!!!!! HA HA!!!!
Post a Comment