Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lander's (almost) stitches

Got a phone call from the school today saying Lander fell down at recess and cracked open his head. Went to the school and was so relieved to see that although the cut is pretty deep ("It goes almost to my brain mom! Do I have to go to the hospital? I don't want to go to the hospital!!!--Lander), it was pretty small. It would've only taken 2-3 stitches.

Whew! We really lucked out on that one. A little super glue & a steri strip & we were done. No stitches. No hospital. I'm so glad I'm a nurse!

Lander felt that he should have his head wrapped so that it can heal better. Of course it will heal better. How could it not??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good thing you know your stuff and you could treat it at home! And I like the 'head wrap', that steri strip wont move with that on.

Keri said...

Oh, I'd bet it's almost healed now with that wrap on it! Glad you were able to take care of it yourself.

Keri said...

Good thing his mom is a nurse like you said! It looks like you did a great job! Lander is in good hands!

Keri said...

Forgot I was on Keri's computer! Mom

Courtney said...

That is quite the bump on the head! Glad he's okay though.

Sounds like you have had lots of adventures out your way! Those carrots in the next post down are incredible!