Saturday, November 22, 2014

Todd's Wedding & a Letter

First off, can I just say that this was a BUSY week? Here's a quick recap:
  1. Have routine surgery
  2. Give an impressive attempt at bleeding to death
  3. Have a second, emergency surgery
  4. Attend a wedding
  5. Have (very low maintenance) house guests
  6. Make a video
The Jamison boys: Josh, Jarrod, Mark, Todd, Eric and Kyle
 Grams, Aubrie, Todd
 the Jamison girls: Beth, Dixie, Aubrie, Shelly, Jenny
I wrote the following email to Josh's cousin, Cameron:

Cameron,

Thanks for the email! It's sure been a crazy week!! First my surgery, then Todd got married yesterday.

Wild times.

You asked about my surgery..I had some routine female-type surgery on Tuesday because I've been having a lot of female pain. The initial surgery went well...textbook, we thought, until I passed out after walking to the bathroom. 

Good times!

My blood pressure kept dropping throughout the day, until it got dangerously low (think 50-60s/30s). They had to give me blood and take me back to surgery to find the bleed. I lost a liter and a half of blood! (Depending on the source, it's estimated that we have about 5 liters total).

I felt pretty good after the first surgery, and pretty terrible after the second, but I think I am on the mend now. 

I have just felt so amazed at all of the little blessings this week. My body handled the blood loss so much better than it should have!

I literally laughed hard when I thought of your dance moves! Next time you find yourself in Idaho, it's a date!

Tell me how your family is doing. I feel so out of the loop!

Love,
Dixie

Jarrod and Shelly spent a few days at our house for the wedding. Shelly and I got silly and put together a little video about the Jamison boys:

No comments: