I thought that I would just include a few random snapshots from our day in Downtown Chicago. We rode a double decker bus to see the Skydeck driving past places like the Old Water Tower for the Chicago Water Works. It was built in 1869 and survived the Chicago fire. It seriously looks like a tiny European castle plopped smack dab in the middle of the Magnificent Mile shopping area.
Meet "the Bean" in Millennium Park. If you look really close, you can see Lander (wearing a green shirt) and Jake (wearing white shirts and shorts). Like everything else that day, we had to buck through crowds to see it but it is a cool site.
Josh captured this image on his phone.
And Heather shot this picture of the moon rising.
The kids did pretty well. We probably walked 8 miles that day! And by "kids" I mean all of the kids, big ones too.
Josh & Lander, Alan & Travis, Grandma Nala (in background), Jake
Oh Navy Pier. I'm wondering what all the hype is about? I must've missed something, because surely the crowds weren't there to fight for a seat at McDonald's like we were. We tried to go on a pirate cruise, but it was sold out.





1 comment:
I missed out on the downtown experience. I let Randy do it with his guy friends.
Post a Comment