Saturday, September 8, 2012

Big Springs

We celebrated Papa's birthday by going to Big Springs, Idaho near Island Park. The river literally just pops out of the ground in a huge spring. You can see the river behind the boys, just a few hundred yards from the spring itself.

Brad aka Papa, Josh, Jake & Lander
 Dixie & Lander self portrait. Look! I totally have crazy eyes! I'm still not sure which eye I should look at.
 Papa decided that Lander needed a bath. 
And he was right!
Years ago when Dixie would travel alone with the boys, they started the tradition of doing self portraits. Today seemed like a nice day to renew that tradition.
 The boys adore their dad. It is something that their mom treasures.
There is a really cool cabin at the head of the spring. It was built by a man named Johnny Sack who was a staggering 4 feet 11 tall.  This is a carving to honor him.
 We hiked along the river. It was a beautiful site!
 the fam

No comments: