Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spring Cleanup

It seems like we've had an unusual amount of yard work this spring, most of it caused by my lack of "Preening" last summer. I love Preen. I live by Preen. Preen saves my life. And when I get too busy to use it like I should, Preen makes me pay. Oh, Preen, couldn't we have had a bit of mercy this year? No? I didn't think so. 

Because I didn't use Preen (a pre-emergent), we have had zillions of little weeds, mostly a from few of my overly zealous perennials, to pull from our flower beds and the garden. It's been a mess. And then there are those raspberries. My plants were quite proliferate, and this is just one batch of canes that I stuffed into the garbage can. Josh was betting that the garbage company wouldn't take it. I was crossing my fingers that they would...and they did!
Then came the 10 yards of bark that we finally put down in our beds. It looks so pretty. It's like Christmas in the Spring. Seriously. I could almost bow down to the bark. Almost. But first, we had to shovel it into place, which took a bit of work. Work that, as usual, I underestimated.
Jake, Keaton L and Lander helped us out a bit. They thought it was fun, silly boys! And check out "the island", all barked up and pretty.....sigh...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

More pictures of the rest of the yard please!! Wait.. I guess I'll see it in a few weeks anyways

Nalene said...

That is GORGEOUS!!!! Hard work pays off!

Keri said...

Is your trash bin short? It looks that way. The bark looks so nice, too. You make me want bark. :)