Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lander is RICH!


Apparently, Lander is rich. Or at least that is what he said on the first night of our trip to Mt Rushmore. Why? Because, "I own an entire town!" I guess I can see why he would come to that conclusion.
This picture was taken at an art gallery located in the same building where we believe that Lander's great-great grandma, Evelyn Hilsinger, sold newspaper subscriptions in what was then her step-dad's pool hall. She sold so many subscriptions that she won a model T Ford, which she then used to carry boot-legged alcohol to the Shoshones for that same dad. All this at the tender age of 13! The building is located on Lander, Wyoming's historic main street.

We started counting the number of times we saw his name. I think we got to 54...but who knows. Lander felt like the king of the day, stopping everyone who would listen to tell them that he was named Lander and that this was "his" town.

I don't think I have ever seen him so happy for so long. It was too cute!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

haha.. love it! I like the picture of him standing with the statue. He must have loved being in 'his' town

Keri said...

That's adorable. I didn't know you had ties to that town.

Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hailey said...

You guys are so cute. Looks like your clan has had some fun this summer.

Dustin and Angie said...

Love the picture of lander and the statue.

Nalene said...

That is so awesome!!!!