Lander (2nd grade) & Jake (4th grade)
So after my home was tidied up & I had all that free time on my hands I had to decide what to do next. A brisk game of Settler's of Catan was tempting me when Kelsey called me. What would I do without Kelsey's cattle-prong of motivation? (Keep poking away, Kels!) She recently made a cake with fondant & after seeing her cake, I thought I would give it a try too. Here was my first attempt:
I realized that bows are not my strong point, but it was still fun. It's like playdough for adults!
7 comments:
Oh my gosh! I LOVE the way it turned out :) Good Job! I think the stars look really good on it too. Can't wait to see what else you come up with ;)
at the moment it will have to be more stars. They were the only cookie cutters I could find!
Wow that looks awesome! I have never attempted cakes. And now that I'm on my diet, it won't be happening for a while.
Wow, you girls are putting me to shame. How about I hang out all day in my PJ's, barefoot & pregnant.
WoW!!! That turned out awesome!!! I can hardly wait to make one. Be assured I will be calling you and Kelsey for advice! How fun, fun, fun!!!
How did it taste? I guess that is important too!
we didn't care for the texture & taste of the fondant, so next time I will make it really thin. But, even with its flaws, talk about a showpeice!
Post a Comment