Thursday, August 15, 2013

confessions of a 10 year old

"Mom, just ground me for a month, and then I will tell you what I did."
-Lander
I got a phone call from Lander saying that he was in trouble and to "just ground me for a year so I don't have to tell you what I did." He finally confessed (because he knew that his older brother would rat him out if he didn't) that he notched a bow at his brother while playing.

Yikes...

As a self-imposed punishment, he had placed everything that he dearly loves on my bed and commenced with a mental flogging worthy of any drill sergeant. He had punished himself so ruthlessly that we did not even have to do our own punishment. Instead, we had a lesson on choices and consequences.

And then we took the bow away

2 comments:

Nalene said...

Awesome!

Keri said...

It sounds like he has a good conscience.