Wednesday, August 8, 2012

surgery time....again!

We got a really good deal to stay at the Crystal Inn in Salt Lake. I was a little nervous because there are always a few bums hanging around in that part of town, but it turned out to be just fine. The boys loved the place. We had the pool essentially to ourselves for the six (yes, I said six-thankfully it was cumulative!) hours that we swam. We swam, and swam, and swam, while we killed time waiting for Lander's doctor appointment and surgery (to fix a complication that occurred after his hernia repair in April). The boys didn't seem to mind too much, although my muscles have complained a time or two since.
Lander loved the waiting room at Primary Children's Hospital. They have game consoles for the kids to play with.
Lander wasn't too worried about the surgery. His biggest concern?

"Do I get to smell root beer flavored gas when they put me to sleep?"

You betcha!

 Smile!~
After everything was completed in Pre-Op, we waited, and waited, and waited. A kind nurse brought these "surgery buddies" for the boys to color, to decorate with hospital gear, and to perform assessments on. Lander informed me that his buddy had silver nipples.

No sweetie, those are EKG pads.

And those red eyes? Now, they were a gift from all that swimming.
Thank you chlorine for remembering us.
Lander in the PACU. He was trying really hard to keep his eyes open and to smile. I have to say that he was a f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s PACU patient. And I should know.
Jake was doting and kind. In fact, I don't think that he complained more than once or twice about the long day. The plethora of video game options helped, I'm sure.
Lander continues to be an amazing patient. He's healing up well and in great spirits. He told us this morning, "I just can't stand all of this laziness!" He's ready to hit it running, if his mom would allow (which I won't), so in the meantime, it's puzzles, video games, legos and movies. Three cheers to forced relaxation!

3 comments:

Keri said...

I just love your boys. Hang in there, Lander. I'd switch places resting with you if I could.

Christina said...

I hope Lander recovers quickly!

Unknown said...

Poor buddy! Better to get it done now and it not cause any problems!